Chiang Rai: A long and winding rescue ahead

“…experts are saying it may take weeks and even months.”
Rescuers are bracing for a long and difficult evacuation for the thirteen Thai youngsters discovered alive in the Tham Luang cave after they went missing on June 23. All this chatter exterior the cave while food and medicine was being shuttled to the younger soccer gamers via muddy waters right now.
The 12 younger boys and their football coach have been found skinny and hungry, but with good spirits, on a mound of mud surrounded by water last evening round 10pm. The discovery ended an agonising search that captivated the nation and was making headlines around the globe.
But the major focus rapidly shifted from find the team to the difficult activity of the means to evacuate them safely from the still-flooded caverns. Much-needed food and medical provides – together with high-calorie gels and paracetamol – reached them early at present as rescuers prepared for a protracted extraction operation.
The Thai navy says it is providing months’ worth of food and providing diving classes to the boys as part of the process to assist them out of the waterlogged Tham Luang network in the country’s monsoon-drenched north.
“We are preparing to send additional food that can sustain the team for at least 4 months and prepare all 13 to dive whereas continuing to empty the water,” Navy Captain Anand Surawan mentioned.
He refused to say how lengthy they may be trapped, however specialists are saying it may take weeks and even months.

The astonishing rescue sparked jubilation throughout the nation after officials, native rescue personnel and international experts mounted a large and gruelling operation, beset by heavy downpours and fast-moving floodwaters.
“We referred to as this ‘mission impossible’ as a result of it rained each day… however with our willpower and tools we fought nature,” Chiang Rai governor Narongsak Osottanakorn stated this morning.
The boys had been discovered at about 10:00 pm Monday by British divers some four hundred metres (1,300 feet) from where they have been believed to be stranded, sseveral kilometres contained in the cave.
In the video, posted on the Thai Navy SEAL Facebook page, one of the boys asks the rescuers to “go outside”. In response the British diver says: “No, no not today… many, many individuals are coming… we are the primary,” in reference to the huge and complex rescue operation that has taken over the mountainside.
The harrowing activity of getting the boys out is sophisticated by the reality that they are in a weak state and are not experienced divers. In fact none of them have any diving experience in any respect.
The rugged and wet kilometres-long course toward the entrance take a wholesome SEAL diver six hours. If diving proves inconceivable, there’s an outside likelihood they might be drilled out or wait for waters to recede and walk out on foot. But the clock is ticking with heavy rains forecast to return this week as the monsoon season bites deeper.
The priority is to get the team’s strength up earlier than they start the tough journey out, officers said, reluctant to supply a concrete timeline.
“I’m so relieved, though I nonetheless don’t have the chance to see him… I want to tell him I’m still here waiting,” Kieng Khamleu, said of her son Pornchai Khamleung inside the cave. Another parent mentioned he could hardly imagine the good news.
“It’s unimaginable. Fill in the blanks ’ve been ready for 10 days, I never imagined this present day would come,” the father of one of many boys stated.
Diving groups have been laying telephone lines in the cave right now to set up phone calls to the boys, the governor mentioned..

Leave a Comment